24.12.10

Gifts from the Heart

I received an early xmas present yesterday.  A refund check from the insurance company.  Apparently I had forgot to cash a three hundred dollar check from five years ago?  I didn't ask questions!  I just ran to the bank and shoved it in the ATM as fast as my ever growing thighs would carry me (that's another story...I think I have a tapeworm lately...all I do is eat.)

I did some last minute Christmas shopping today even though I swore that this year I was not going to participate in all of the xmas madness and overspending.  I am going to my parents house tomorrow morning to do the big gift exchange.  I also bought something special for David.  Even though I know that he will protest because we said NO GIFTS, I still want him to have this.  To me, its more of a "thank you for being in my life and thank you for caring enough about me to do all of the nice things you do" gift.  It is what xmas and gift giving is supposed to be about.  A gift from the heart, with meaning behind it.  Not some piece of plastic that you picked up because you felt like you had to.  I don't want to give away what it is just yet....but its something from me that will have meaning....something that he will be able to keep and remember me by. 

David keeps telling me that its just another day and has chosen to spend xmas eve by himself.  I agree it is a way over hyped holiday but I do think that it is, and was meant to bring people together. That was the meaning.  A holiday to celebrate family and the people who you love. I am sitting here alone on xmas eve day and I guess I am ok with it.  Dan had to go to work to deal with some paperwork (and quite frankly I think it was just an excuse to avoid the whole holiday.) I have been invited over to my friend Laurie's house for xmas eve dinner and I am still NOT feeling the spirit.  Quite honestly, I would rather be curled up on the couch with the dog....who am I kidding...Id rather be curled up on the couch with David under our blanket.  The best Christmas present in the world is being close with someone who loves you back.  There is no feeling like it in the world and its the most unique gift that you can share.....human touch.  It goes way beyond sex....actually it has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with love.

 I hope that my friends and loved ones get to curl up under a blanket tonight with someone special....enjoy it and consider it the best gift ever....the gift of someones heart...you can't buy that kind of stuff in any store and you cant put a price on it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers